Come Work with Us!
Canny Canines is looking for another Dog trainer or Behaviourist to join our team and help us with our ever expanding client base 💜
Our goal is to help dog owners live calmer and happier lives with their nervous, reactive & working breed dogs, without the use of pain, fear or intimidation.
We use fun, engaging methods of working with dogs and owners, using an array of resources to help support people and their dogs, no matter how they learn best.
- Conduct 121 training sessions for dogs using positive reinforcement techniques
- Assess and evaluate dogs' behaviour, abilities and temperament to create individualised training plans
- Teach clients how to engage and train their dog, through various methods such as training games, luring and capturing
- Provide guidance and support to dog owners on training techniques and strategies
- Maintain accurate records of training sessions and progress
- Ensure cleanliness and presentability of the school at all times, including good hygiene practises in and around the centre
- Occasional travel in the local area to a client’s house or mutually convenient public area
Optional, depending on experience and qualifications:
- Address behavioral issues such as aggression, anxiety, and excessive barking
- Conduct group training sessions
Other relevant duties as required
- Previous experience as a dog trainer or behaviourist
- Relevant qualifications that demonstrate the theoretical knowledge of training/behaviour (certificates required at interview)
- To be able to demonstrate dog training or behaviour modification knowledge
- Have your own, reliable car or van with business use insurance
- Strong knowledge of dog behaviour and various training methods such as luring, shaping, capturing etc
- The ability to read and understand dog body language in various contexts
- Confident communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Physical ability to handle and work with dogs of all sizes and breeds
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine love for dogs
- Ability to teach basic obedience cues such as sit, stay, and come
- Ability to adapt methods to varying needs of dogs and owners
- A positive outlook
- Evening and some weekend availability is essential
Please note, this role is on a sub-contractor basis, so you will need:
- Your own insurances in place
- To be responsible for paying your own tax, NI, pension etc
Starting wage: £25 per hour
Hours and pay are negotiable, depending on availability and experience.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
Expected hours: 10 – 20 per week
Application deadline: 30/11/2023
Think you'd be a great match here? Apply below and upload your up-to-date CV, demonstrating how you meet the requirements and outlining any relevant experience and qualifications